Friday, March 5, 2010

Pioneer Park, Saint George!

I have climbed on the Dixie Rock, but I had not yet explored the rest of the park! It is mostly scampering around on rocks! I LOVED IT! Here are some photos from this adventure!

 
A house!!

 
Quite a fun little place!

 
Sadly water is blocking the entrance and it was a chilly day!

 
Fire Pit!

 
How fun! Fire pit over looking Saint George!!!

 
Smoke stack

 
The back of the little house!

 
That would be the rock I call Dixie Rock! Great view from up there!

 
I decided to go visit that little arch!

 
I found more green moss!!!! I miss Oregon and Washington!

 
Looking at D mountain and Dixie Rock! (I really don't know their real names)

 
The Temple!

 
I have finally maneuvered my way to the arch!
 
The arch and surrounding rock is well marked!

 
The Arch!

 
I found a heart!!!

 
And my name!!!!

 
And a Cat!

 
These mountains are behind the city of Washington!
  
It seems that every hike I go on, I have a different view of this mountain!

 
The love mountain through the rock. I tried it with the D, but I didn't view it after I shot it, opps.

 
Two little arches!

 
A Basin! also well signed!

 
Random, I know! It made me laugh!

 
One last shot of the arch!
I really enjoyed this hike, though I now realize it is often harder to go down then up!



* All content copyrighted to Reb Sumner Photos

1 comment:

Janet Johnson said...

Hey Becca! Love the pictures! You need to post more. I see you haven't posted in a while, but I am giving you an award on my writing blog because you are so sunshiney. :)